Accreditation is a mark of quality, and Truman State University has been accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools since 1914. Truman has maintained full accreditation for all of its programs through the years.
The Higher Learning Commission (HLC) is an independent corporation and one of two commission members of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (NCA), which is one of six regional institutional accreditors in the United States. The Higher Learning Commission accredits degree-granting post-secondary educational institutions in the North Central region.
?Various agencies also fully accredit specific programs at Truman including:
- AACSB International-The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business
- American Chemical Society
- American Speech-Language Hearing Association
- Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education
- Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education?
The baccalaureate degree program in nursing at Truman State University is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.ccneaccreditation.org). Truman’s nursing program is approved by the Missouri State Board of Nursing (MSBN)
- Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation & Missouri Department of Elementary & Secondary Education
- National Association of Schools of Music
- Council on Academic Accreditation in Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology (CAA) of the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association.
The master’s (M.A.) education program in speech-language pathology at Truman is accredited by the Council on Academic Accreditation in Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology (CAA) of the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association.
To obtain or review documents describing accreditation, approval, or licensing, follow the links above to request those documents from the accrediting agency relevant to your discipline. To request such documents relevant to the University overall, contact the Higher Learning Commission.