Welcome to the Truman Family!
We are excited to welcome you to campus this January for the start of the Spring 2022 semester. Orientation for new students, including both first-year and transfer students, is meant to help you transition into the Truman community.
Spring Orientation will have two parts: a required virtual component on Thursday, January 6, 2022, and an optional in-person component on Monday, January 10, 2022. Below is the schedule for both the virtual and in-person components.
Virtual Session – Thursday, January 6
This session will take place via Zoom and is required for all new students starting in Spring 2022.?
1:30 PM: Welcome & Introduction
1:35 PM: Personal Advising Workshop (P.A.W.) or Academic Advising Session
2:00 PM: Personal Advising Workshop (P.A.W.) or Academic Advising Session
2:30 PM: Campus Safety & Policies
3:00 PM: Campus Life & Events Trivia
3:30 PM: Wrap Up
In-Person Session – Monday, January 10
This session is optional. Check-in for the in-person Orientation session will be in the Student Union Building Georgian Rooms (main level).
4:00 PM: Optional Tours
5:00 PM: Welcome & Introduction, Greetings from President Sue Thomas
5:10 PM: Dinner provided by Sodexo
5:30 PM: Student Panel
Prior to Orientation
Confirm that your pre-orientation materials have been completed before the virtual orientation session on January 6. This will allow our staff to best prepare for your arrival and ensure you are ready to begin classes on January 10. All these materials can be found on portal.truman.edu in your “Accepted Student” section.
- RSVP for Spring Orientation
- Registration Agreement
- Social Security Number Verification
- Pre-Orientation Questionnaire
- Mathematics Placement Exam
- Foreign Language Exam
- Health and Immunization History
- Final Transcripts
- Send an official copy of your final high school and/or college transcript(s) to Truman’s Office of Admission. If you have earned AP, IB, or CLEP credit, please contact the appropriate testing agency to have official score reports sent as well.
Living on Campus?
Submit your housing application and $150 housing deposit/fee through portal.truman.edu to secure your housing placement and preferences. Move-in for on-campus students will occur on Sunday, January 9. You may move in as early as 10:00 am. Please refer to the Residence Life website for details surrounding new student move-in or if you need an earlier move-in date.
Preparing for the Start of Classes
- An Academic Advisor from the Center for Academic Excellence will contact you once you’ve completed all your pre-Orientation materials to enroll you in classes for the Spring semester.
- For any of your textbook, school supply, and Truman spirit needs, the Truman Bookstore will be open on Sunday, January 9 from 4:00 pm to 8:00 pm. You can order textbooks through the store’s website and pick them up once you arrive on campus.
- You will have time to drop by the ID Card Office, located in Missouri Hall, to receive your student ID card.
- The ID office will be open Sunday, January 9 from 10:00 am to 1:00 pm.
- If you are unable to make it on Sunday, the office is open Monday through Friday from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm.
- Meal plans will not begin until Monday, January 10. Here is a helpful link with dining options we have available in town for dine-in or delivery.
- Stay up-to-date with information about campus events and policies by visiting the Truman State University COVID-19 website.