Sample In-Person Orientation Schedule
Both students and families will be provided a personalized schedule upon arrival. Students may not request to register in the morning or afternoon block as these are intentionally chosen based on number of students and intended major.
8:15 – 9:00 a.m.
Check In on the Quad
Optional Campus Tours will depart periodically from the Student Union as guests register.
Optional Pre-Advising: Changed your major? Have other dual-credit not previously reported? Have questions about registration? Academic advisors will be available to answer any immediate questions.
9:15 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Morning Block: Personal Advising Workshop (P.A.W.) or Information Sessions (see details below)
12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Lunch: Provided lunch from Sodexo
Student Services Q&A: Staff members will be available to discuss the various student services at Truman.
1:15 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Afternoon Block: Personal Advising Workshop (P.A.W.) or Information Sessions (see details below)
Tours of Residence Halls
Q&A Session: With academic advisors and admission staff
Examples of Personal Advising Workshop or Information Sessions (subject to change)
Personal Advising Workshop (P.A.W.)
- Meeting 1-on-1 with an Academic Advisor
- Creating your Fall Class Schedule
- College 101 with an Orientation Leader
Student Only Information Session
- Keys to Campus Connections: Getting Involvement
- How to Work Together to Support Your Student
- What to Expect in your Student’s First Year
Student & Family
- Building Community
- Student Rights & Responsibilities
- Career Center
- Knowing Your Resources
In-Person Event Safety Precautions
We are excited to welcome you to Kirksville – in person – to begin your journey as a Bulldog. To ensure the health and safety of the Truman State University community and our attendees, we have put in place he following measures based on public health directives:
- Attendees may only bring one (1) guest to attend the Orientation activities with them.
- Prior to your arrival on campus, you and your guest should complete a self-symptom check. If you are experiencing any symptoms of illness, call (660) 785-4135 and we would be happy to reschedule your Orientation date.
- Wear a facial covering in all indoor spaces as well as outdoor spaces where physical distancing cannot be maintained. If any attendee refuses to wear a facial covering, they will be asked to leave.
- We ask that all visitors provide their own facial covering.
- Practice physical distancing of 6 feet or more, following signage and markings across campus.
- To aid in contact tracing in the event of a COVID-19 case, we will collect attendee and guest names will be taken at Check-In.
While we eagerly anticipate welcoming you to campus and celebrating your decision to attend Truman, our faculty and staff will not be shaking hands out of an abundance of caution. Please do not be offended; we are still immensely excited for you to be joining us this Fall.
While Truman State University is taking all precautions to safeguard our community, we cannot eliminate the risk of COVID-19 exposure and infection on campus. Please be reminded that you are undertaking your visit at your own risk. If any attendee develops symptoms or tests positive for COVID-19 within 48 hours of attending Orientation, please report that information to the Adair County Health Department at (660) 665-8491 or the Student Health Center at (660) 785-4182.
If you or your guest has concerns with our above listed safety precautions, please consider attending a virtual Orientation session.
If you or one of your guests need accommodations due to medical conditions, deafness or hearing loss, or religious observances, please notify us so we can best support you during your visit.